Thursday, February 7, 2013

The beginning to a dancer's journey

The way I began dancing was a couple of ways.

One way that I was inspired to start dancing was when I saw my sister and one of her friends dance. I was young, not exactly sure what age, but I saw them dancing and it looked like so much fun.
The second reason I decided to start dancing was actually because my mom asked if I would like to start dancing where my sister and her friend. I agreed to right away!

I don't fully remember my first thoughts of my first time at dance class, but I know I loved it because I continued it. I do remember my sister being annoying when we were doing kicks at the bar. She would kick my butt and I got so frustrated. I even told my ballet instructor to ask her to stop.

My first recital was absolutely incredible. I wore a pink and black ballet dress, and I believe I had my hair in a cute little bun. It felt like a pinwheel of butterflies swarming around in my stomach, and once I got on stage, I could not stop smiling.

I will always remember my first dance recital.

No comments:

Post a Comment