Monday, March 4, 2013

About a week or two ago, I watched this movie called First Position. I had no clue what it was about, but I decided to watch it because it had to do with dance. What I saw of it was a documentary about young dancers, can't remember the exact age, competing in dance competitions around the world. There were different aged dancers interviewed, and showed their back stories. The back stories mostly included their families. These dancers based their lives off of dance and nothing else. Every day they dance for hours and hours, ate healthy, had to get plenty of rest. I can understand this because for dance you need a lot of stamina, experience, energy, and dedication if you really want to pursue this art.

I thought this movie was interesting because it's crazy to imagine people at such a young age, know exactly what they want to do with their entire lives. Even before they're teenagers they know that dancing is going to be their dream career, and base their whole lives of this one talented art. I love dancing, don't get me wrong, but I don't think I could dedicate my whole life to an art where that's all you do. I like trying new things, but I will always want to dance.

If any of you have a Netflix account, this movie is on instant watch. If you don't have a Netflix account, I believe you can get just instant watch for free, but I would double check before making an account. Again, this movie is called First Position. If anyone wants to know what it takes to dedicate yourself to dance and travel the world, I think this movie could help.

No comments:

Post a Comment